Lashes & Little Ones: Arthur's christening
Sunday was the day of Arthur's christening, and having spent the last 12 months declining invitations to party/drink/socialise/have fun, I decided to go all out and throw a slightly OTT party.
The only themes I had in mind were blue and Arthur, so everything seems to fall into one of those categories. Who knew you could get stickers especially designed to go on the bottom of Hersey's chocolates?
Anyway, with the help of some amazing people (especially the girls at Porgies, Victoria Defty Couture Cakes, the wonderful people at All Saints Church and Mr. G for never moaning when parcels of pompoms and bunting arrived at 6am), we had a wonderful day. I thought I'd share some of the bit and pieces of the day.
The high spot for most people seemed to be the 'Smartie Express', Fifi's Brio train that chugged around the dessert table full of Smarties. Some of Fifi's friends were very excited by it!
We made a special ‘kids corner’ where all of the children were actively encouraged to cause chaos, with crayons, puzzles and all manner of toys. Bowls of raisins, animals sandwiches, biscuits and smoothies, kept their hunger at bay and meant the mums and dads could chat and drink a glass of champagne.
The food was themed on my favourite restaurant, Ottolenghi. Although the budget wouldn’t quite stretch to Yotam himself cooking up a feast, Porgie’s caterers created a Middle Eastern banquet he would have been proud of!
- Porgie’s Catering, visit porgies.co.uk for more details or call 07947 796 697
- Cake Pops by Victoria Defty Couture Cakes, from £2 each. Call 0778 530 3368 or visit www.victoriadefty.co.uk
- Iced Cookies by The Cookie Collaboration, from £1.20 each. Visit www.thecookiecollaboration.co.uk for more details.
- Macarons by Macarons and More, from £17 for a box of 12, check out their website for more details.
- Goodie Bags containing personalised tea towels, from Wedding Tea Towels, visit www.weddingteatowels.co.uk for more details